Add to reading list
I started my career in 1974 as a research scientist in Agriculture at Rothamsted Agriculture Experimental Station in Harpenden, UK. This evolved into doing a PhD in Soil Science, the first year at Rothamsted and then the three subsequent years, 1975-1978, in the Department of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition at the University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia.
Web links last accessed at: April 20, 2021
9. Pyman MAF, Bowden JW and Posner AM (1979) The point of zero charge of amorphous co-precipitates of silica with hydrous aluminium or ferric hydroxide. Clay Minerals Vol 14, 87, 1979. https://www.markpyman.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Pyman-1978-The-point-of-zero-charge-of-amorphous-coprecipitates-of-silica-with-hydrous-aluminium-or-ferric-hydroxide.pdf
8. Pyman MAF, Bowden JR and Posner AM (1979) The movement of titration curves in the presence of specific adsorption. Australian Journal of Soil Research, Vol 17, 191, 1979. https://www.markpyman.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Pyman-Bowden-and-Posner-1979-The-movement-of-titration-curves-in-the-presence-of-specific-adsorption.pdf
7. Pyman MAF and Posner AM (1978) The surface areas of amorphous oxides and their relation to potentiometric titration. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science Vol 66 (1), 85, 1978. https://www.markpyman.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Pyman-and-Posner-1978-The-surface-areas-of-amorphous-mixed-oxides-and-their-relation-to-potentiometric-titration.pdf
See also journal weblink here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0021979778901868?via%3Dihub
6. Pyman MAF, Hillyer JW and Posner AM (1978) The conversion of x-ray intensity ratios to composition ratios in the electron probe analysis of small particles using mineral standards. Clays and Clay Minerals Vol 26 (4), 296, 1978. https://www.markpyman.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Pyman-Hillyer-Posner-1978-The-conversion-of-X-Ray-intensity-rations-to-composition-ratios-in-the-electron-microprobe-analysis-of-small-particles-using-mineral-standards.pdf
5. Pyman MAF, Knuiman M, Armitage TM and Posner AM (1978) An examination of the heterogeneity of amorphous silico-aluminas and allophane using the electron microprobe. Journal of Soil Science, Vol 30 (2), 333, 1979. https://www.markpyman.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Pyman-Knuiman-Armitage-and-Posner-1979-Examination-of-the-heterogeneity-of-amorphous-silico-aluminas-and-allophanes-using-the-electron-microprobe.pdf
4. Pyman MAF (1978) The surface properties of amorphous mixed oxides. PhD Thesis, University of Western Australia, November 1978. No weblink available.
3. Pyman MAF, Posner AM and Talibudeen O (1975) Hydrolysed aluminium ions on montmorillonite. Rothamsted Experimental Station Annual Report for 1975, Part 1, pp 94-95. http://www.era.rothamsted.ac.uk/eradoc/OCR/ResReport1975p1-83-102
2. Ashworth J and Pyman MAF (1979) Reactions of aqueous ammonia with soil III. Sorption of NH3 by homoionic soil clays. Journal of Soil Science Vol 30 (1), 17-27, 1979. https://www.markpyman.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Ashworth-and-Pyman-1979-Journal-of-Soil-Science.pdf
1. Ashworth J and Pyman MAF (1975) Reactions of aqueous ammonia with soil. Rothamsted Experimental Station Annual Report for 1975, Part 1, pp 87-88. http://www.era.rothamsted.ac.uk/eradoc/OCR/ResReport1975p1-83-102
Contribute your experience. Connect with me on Twitter
Connect with me on LinkedIn