Afghanistan & MEC
Add to reading list
The following material was published by myself and other members of the Afghanistan Independent Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee (usually abbreviated to MEC). I was one of the three International Commissioners from November 2015 to November 2017. More material can be found at the MEC website here.
8. Pyman, Mark 2019 ‘Broad anti-corruption programs are the wrong approach’. Corruption in Fragile States Blog, April 30, 2019. https://sites.tufts.edu/ihs/broad-anti-corruption-programs-are-the-wrong-approach/
7. Pyman, Mark 2018 ‘Tackling health sector corruption – five lessons from Afghanistan’ Global Anti-Corruption Blog, March 29, 2018. https://globalanticorruptionblog.com/2018/03/29/guest-post-tackling-health-sector-corruption-five-lessons-from-afghanistan/ See also pdf here.
6. Pyman, Mark and Kaakar S 2018 ‘Afghanistan’s Radical–and So-Far-Surprisingly Successful–Public Procurement Reforms’. Global Anti-Corruption blog March 8, 2018. Accessed 23 Sept 2019 at https://globalanticorruptionblog.com/2018/03/08/guest-post-afghanistans-radical-and-so-far-surprisingly-successful-public-procurement-reforms/ See also pdf here.
5. Pyman, Mark 2017 ‘Sharing Successes against Corruption in Afghanistan: NOTES from MEC’s high-level forum meetings‘. https://curbingcorruption.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Afghanistan-Anti-Corruption-Committee-2017-Sharing-successes-against-corruption-High-level-forums-2016-2017.pdf
4. Pyman, Mark, Mohammedi M and Saraj C 2016 ‘Afghanistan’s Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee: evidence of impact, evidence for a collective action effect’. Basel International Centre for Collective Action. Accessed Oct 8 2019 at https://collective-action.com/sites/collective.localhost/files/icca-may16-renov/collective-action-conference-2016-pyman-et-al_0.pdf
3. MEC Afghanistan Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee 2017 ‘ Ministry-wide vulnerability to corruption assessment of the Ministry of Education‘. Accessed 16 Sept 2019 at http://www.mec.af/files/2017_23_10_moe_english.pdf
2. MEC Afghanistan Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee 2016 ‘Ministry of Public Health evaluation’ Accessed 8 Oct 2019 at http://www.mec.af/files/2016_06_04_MOPH_Special_Report_(English).pdf
1. MEC Afghanistan Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee 2016 ‘MEC Strategic Plan 2016-2018′. MEC, accessed 25 Oct 2019 at https://curbingcorruption.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Afghanistan-Anti-Corruption-Committee-2016-Strategic-Plan-2016-2018.pdf